The Freemode Events Update for Grand Theft Auto Online is now available as an automatic download for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. This entirely new way to play GTA Online with no loading screens or lobbies.
The GTA Online Freemode Events update includes the following freemode events generated throughout Los Santos and Blaine County:
Hunt the Beast
Become the Beast – a stronger, faster (and hairier) version of your character – and flee relentless pursuers all over Los Santos and Blaine County.
King of the Castle
An every man for himself turf war where you’ll need to ascend and claim the designated ‘castle’ as your territory – and then fend off everyone else as they go all out to dethrone you.
Grab the briefcase and go! Jump into a car, bike, boat, motorcycle, P-996 Lazer or just run for the hills with the coveted contraband in hand. Be one of the three players who hold the briefcase the longest to score GTA$ and RP bonuses.
The first player to enter a marked vehicle will become the Moving Target, tasked with safely delivering the vehicle to a designated location. While the marked vehicles will be durable, it’ll take some serious elusive finesse to survive other players’ attempts to destroy you before the drop point.
Compete with all your Freemode competitors in a mad dash across southern San Andreas. Who will be the first to race or fly through all the designated checkpoints for fame, fortune and reputation?
Kill List and Kill List Competitive
Take control of some of heavy artillery and duke it out with the mercenaries from Merryweather Security. Rack up GTA$ and RP for each kill.
Fight for possession of valuable contraband and see if you can make the drop first in this ruthless smuggler’s run.
When you see the enormous dome appear over the Los Santos skyline, jump into the closest ride and find your way into it before the timer starts. Then, stay within the dome as it begins to move and shrink, smashing and bashing rivals out. Those who are left out of the dome for more than 7 seconds will explode. See if you can be the sole survivor at the very end.
Whet your appetite for destruction with an all-you-can-eat buffet. Get strapped with a favorite piece of heavy artillery and let loose over a given time period with no wanted level in sight. Wanton destruction is rewarded with every bullet hole and blast. The player with the largest property damage bill who causes the most destruction will win.
Hold the Wheel
A Sanchez, a Golf Cart or another otherwise humble mode of transport is made into an indestructible marked vehicle. Take command of it and avoid all the other jackers and assailants in your session to be the one behind the driver’s seat when time runs out. Try and go for it solo to keep the entire GTA$ award for yourself, or shrewdly partner up with a gunner to ride with you for protection and split the earnings.
Record the fastest time possible, with a new course to master every week that awards you GTA$ and RP for beating our target time or your own personal best – and a championship worthy haul if you can take down the World Record.
Compete in 19 unique Challenges against your Freemode friends and foes. See who can perform the longest jump, who can drive the farthest without crashing, who can fall the longest distance without dying, who can freefall the farthest before pulling their ‘chute – and many other ways to risk your neck to try and be a top 3 finisher for GTA$ and RP rewards.
New Adversary Modes
The Freemode Events Update also includes two all-new exciting Adversary Modes:
Cross the Line
Heavily-armed squads face off across a neutral zone – with the goal of having all team members strategically penetrate their opponents territory to claim victory.
You’re part of a team tasked to deliver a priority vehicle rigged to explode if it drops below a minimum speed, while your opponents race, ram and batter to take it down.
Full List of New Features/Updates
The Rockstar Editor has several new features, including:
- Ambient sound effects tracks have been added to the project menu.
- Players can now copy and paste their marker properties.
- Players can now freeze the time of day in the Director Mode Interaction Menu.
- Players can now take Snapmatic photos in the Editor.
- 10 new fonts have been added to the Editor.
- 4 radio tracks from Worldwide FM are now available to use in the Editor.
- One shot sound effects are available in clip edit view.
- Players can now spawn vehicles from their hangar or marina while in Director Mode.
- The minimap will now focus on the location selected in the Director Mode Interaction Menu locations list.
Other general title updates:
- New Trophies and Achievements have been added for PS4, Xbox One and Steam.
- Hide/Show blips options have been added to the GTA Online Interaction Menu including Job, Shop, and Event blips. When hidden, the Jobs can no longer be triggered by walking to their map location but can still be triggered through all other methods.
- Additional helicopter and plane spawn locations have been added for Pegasus vehicles.
- Players now need to press d-pad left on PS4/Xbox One and “E” on PC to activate a corona while standing in it.
- The ‘Bookmark Job’ option has been removed from the ‘Online Leaderboard’ screen.
The Creator has been updated to include the following:
- Props can now be stacked on top of each other.
- Props can now be placed overlapping one another.
- Props can now be rotated.
- Prop templates can be saved so the user can re-use the prop throughout Job creation.
General Fixes – PS4 Only
- Fixed an issue where players joining a Mission through the PlayStation dashboard affected the number of team lives.
- Fixed an issue that caused the player to become stuck when being logged out of PlayStation Network due to signing in on another console.
General Fixes – Xbox One Only
- Fixed an issue with game party players not being invited to the next Job when waiting in a queue.
- Fixed an issue with dashboard invites to players with different aim settings.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong error message was received after trying to create a Job when the privacy setting ‘Share outside of Xbox Live’ is set to Blocked.